Family Visa > Partner Visa > New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 461)

New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 461)

Family hiking toward Mount Cook, South Island, New Zealand

This partner visa is for someone who is not a New Zealand citizen but is a member of a family unit of a New Zealand citizen. You can live and work in Australia temporarily for a 5 year period with this visa.  

Get Your First 15 Minutes Free

Schedule Your Consultation Now!

Who is this Visa suitable for?

People who are a member of a family unit of a New Zealand citizen, or subclass 444 visa holder.

What this Partner Visa lets you do?

  • 5 year stay in Australia.

  • Live, work and study in Australia over the designated period.

  • Travel to/ from Australia as many times as you want.

Visa Requirements

  • Must not be a New Zealand citizen at the time of application.

  • Must provide evidence and documentation of relationship to a New Zealand citizen.

How to Apply?

With Australian Immigration & Visa Services on your side, you can trust that our partner and spouse visa specialists will guide you through the entire application process and be there to support you along the way.


Gather Documents

Gather documents proving your identity and relationship to a New Zealand citizen, along with documents about any members of your family unit who are applying with you.


Prepare Documents

Have all non-English documents translated into English. When you apply on paper you must provide certified copies of your documents. Keep a copy of your completed application.


Lodge Application

Apply online using an ‘immiAccount’ or apply on paper by submitting a valid application before any existing visa ceases. 

Frequently Asked Questions

To prove your relationship with your partner or spouse some of the documents you can include:

  • De-facto relationship certificate or marriage certificate (a marriage that is recognized under Australian Laws)
  • Photos together with your family and friends
  • Joint bank statements
  • If you have been apart together- communications to show this such as calls and messages
  • If you have a child together, their birth certificate
  • Joint lease/joint rent

These are only a few suggestions. You will need to illustrate to the case officer that you are in a genuine and committed relationship.

Schedule Your Australian Visa Consultation Appointment

With AIVS’ Australian migration agents and Melbourne based partner visa specialists we can help you find a solution to your visa needs, and assist you with any questions you may have about which visa is suitable for your specific circumstances.