Employer Visa > Skilled Employer Regional Visa (Provisional) (Subclass 494)

Skilled Employer Regional Visa (Provisional) (Subclass 494)

Female construction worker

This visa is designed for regional employers to address labour shortages within dedicated regional areas. This employer sponsored visa allows regional employers to sponsor skilled international workers to live and work in a dedicated regional area in Australia for up to 5 years.

Get Your First 15 Minutes Free

Schedule Your Consultation Now!

Who is this Visa suitable for?

This Visa is suitable for appropriately skilled international workers looking for temporary employment within Australia or a path to permanent residency.

What this Visa lets you do?

  • 5 year stay in Australia

  • Live, work and study in designated regional areas of Australia during your stay period

  • Apply for permanent residency 3 years after your visa is granted

Visa Requirements

  • Be under the age of 45 (exemptions apply).

  • You must be nominated by an employer (your sponsor) whose business is operating lawfully in Australia. You must also be employed in the nominated occupation.

  • You must have a satisfactory skills assessment. You do not need to re-do your skills assessment (unless it has expired) if you have completed one for a 482 visa. You will need to do another skills assessment if you have previously completed one for a 485 visa.

  • You must have been working in the nominated occupation for at least 3 years on a full-time basis within the last 5 years.

  • This period does not need to be continuous. This type of work can be part time equivalent, however casual is not considered.

How to Apply

With Australian Immigration & Visa Services on your side, you can trust that our registered immigration agents will guide you through the entire application process and be there to support you along the way.


Get Nominated

Obtain the nomination of your prospective employer.


Skills Assessment

Obtain a relevant skills assessment if your occupation requires one.


English and Health Examination

Meet minimum standards of English language proficiency unless you are exempt from needing to show this and complete your health examination.


Prepare Your Documents

Prepare all required documents. Have all non-English documents translated into English.

Frequently Asked Questions

Yes, after 3 years you can apply for the 191 visa.

Don’t know which visa to apply for?

With AIVS’ Australian visa specialists and employer sponsored visa immigration agents we can help you find a solution to your visa needs, and assist you with any questions you may have about which visa is suitable for your specific circumstances.

Who I Work With

Worldly Migration is an Australian Immigration agency that provides migration solutions tailored to every situation. Worldly Migration’s primary consultant is employer visa specialist Evan Bishop, a registered Australian migration agent (MARN 1679414) who prior to establishing Worldly Migration in 2018, was an experienced recruiter, specialising in helping international students secure their first professional employment roles in Australia. Evan was continually approached by Migration Agents and Lawyers to assist with Employer Nominator preparation. A lot of this involves writing Employment Position Descriptions, providing specific information on Labour Market Testing, and justifying salaries. This was the catalyst for the evolution of his passion for launching Worldly Migration. Evan oversees all work directly, and he is known for his meticulous approach. Keeping up to date with immigration legislation changes that always reflect current policies is a hallmark of Evan’s clients.